ETO'O Pledges His Future to Barcelona


Samuel Eto'o has rubbished newspaper speculation linking him with a £30m summer move to the Premiership by insisting he will "definitely be at Barcelona next season".

During the last few months Eto'o, the three-time African footballer of the year, has looked increasing unhappy at the Nou Camp. He has a brooding, often distant relationship with Ronaldinho, and he fell out with coach Frank Rijkaard after refusing to come on as a late substitute against Racing Santander.

During the last few months Eto'o, the three-time African footballer of the year, has looked increasing unhappy at the Nou Camp. He has a brooding, often distant relationship with Ronaldinho, and he fell out with coach Frank Rijkaard after refusing to come on as a late substitute against Racing Santander.

But despite regularly dropping hints that he'd like to play in England - in March he openly flirted with the idea of a move to Liverpool in FourFourTwo and the Daily Mirror - Eto'o now insists he wants to stay at Barcelona."I am happy here," he said. "There is no problem, no crisis. The press can write what they want, but I am staying."

When asked about a move to Liverpool, Eto'o was just as forthright. "I have not heard anything," he said. "These kind of things are usually just speculation and don't come through to me. I am happy at Barcelona and will definitely be here next season. I have no idea where I will be in a few years time, but at the moment I have a contract with Barcelona until 2010."

The fact that Ronaldinho is likely to leave for Milan over the summer may have persuaded Eto'o to stay. Or it might be that he's merely biding his time and assessing his options. Either way, he insists that rumours of his surliness are wide of the mark. "There have been so many lies written about me," he claimed. "In fact, I would say that 99.999% of the things I have read about myself in the papers have been untrue."

Source: Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayne Rooney Profile

Cristiano Ronaldo Profile

Lionel Messi Profile