Ronaldo Eyes Swift Return


Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo is hoping to return to action as soon as possible after undergoing ankle surgery last week.

The Portugal international is facing three months on the sidelines after having had the operation in Amsterdam.

Ronaldo, who has been strongly linked with Real Madrid this summer, has endured a frustrating summer after Portugal lost 3-2 to Germany in the quarter-finals of Euro 2008.

However, Ronaldo, speaking ahead of attending the 2008 ESPY Awards in Los Angeles, is looking forward to a return to action despite only recently undergoing surgery.

"I'm injured now, but I hope to come back soon," he said on Sky Sports News.

"I love to play and I love football. I miss the ball now."

Ronaldo has admitted he would like to play in the MLS one day, a league he believes is on the up, although he is keen to remain in Europe for the moment.

"I prefer to play in Europe at the minute, but in the future, who knows?" he continued.

"David Beckham and Abel Xavier play there. I've spoken with Abel a few times and he says it's great. It's great to play here.

"The league it's much better than a few years ago, the future is getting better and better."

Source: sportinglife.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wayne Rooney Profile

Lionel Messi Profile

Cristiano Ronaldo Profile